Makes 12 Slices Ingredients 700 g chopped Medjool dates 3 tbsp water 100 g mixed…
This is my first gluten-free rusk recipe.
They really surprised me cause gluten-free flour sometimes tends to be very bland but trust me these rusks are delicious. What I like about rusks is that you can basically add anything you like.
I love enjoying these with my morning coffee.
- 1,5 cups Gluten-free Oats
- 7 cups Gluten-free Flour (or normal cake wheat flour)
- 1 cup Corn flakes (Gluten-free)
- 1tsp Salt
- 1,5 cups Seeds, mixed
- 3 tbs Baking powder
- 500 gr Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 500 ml Buttermilk
- 1,5 cups Sugar (or sugar substitute, just be careful they tend to be very sweet)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Fold in butter until fine bread crumb texture.
- Mix the eggs & buttermilk together. Add to flour mixture and mix until it is all combined into a dough.
- Place in a greased baking tin.
- Bake for 1 hour until ready.
- Let cool. Cut into small rusks.
- Dry out at 70 degrees Celcius, turning every 3 hours.
- Store in airtight containers.
- Enjoy with your morning cuppa or as a snack.