Makes 12 Slices Ingredients 700 g chopped Medjool dates 3 tbsp water 100 g mixed…
- 9 x 250 ml cake wheat flour
- 300 g white sugar (375 ml)
- 2 Tbs baking powder
- 5 ml salt
- 500 gr butter, soft
- 2 eggs, mixed
- 125 ml fresh cream
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 250g Choc Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, choc chips and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture until it looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Mix the eggs, cream, buttermilk, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add to the flour mixture and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Place your dough in one large or two smaller greased loaf tins.
- You can also shape it into round balls.
- Bake for an hour and remove.
- Let cool completely and cut into small pieces. If you made balls break the rusks up into chunks.
- Place directly on the oven rack and leave overnight to dry out on 80 °.