Funfetti Cookies stuffed with blue almond nut butter. You can also replace the almond nut…
Delicious moist chocolate cake with a taste of Bar-One Chocolate.
- 4 cups flour
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cacao
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 250 g butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup hot water or brewed coffee
- 3 x 55g Bar one chocolates
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Prepare cake tins with non-stick spray or butter.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- Take the buttermilk, butter and Bar one. Break the Bar one into small pieces and place with buttermilk and butter in a microwave save dish. Melt these ingredients together.
- Add Bar one mixture, eggs, and vanilla to the flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add warm water to the cake batter until well combined.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove the pan and cool completely.
- Frost the cake with your bar one mixture, or any frosting of your choice.
Bar-one mixture for frosting
- In a small saucepan heat up one can of condensed milk, combined with chopped 2 x 55 g Bar-one chocolates.
- Let the chocolate melt completely with the condensed milk.
- Let cool for 5- 10 minutes until the mixture is less runny.
- Stack the cake layers with frosting in between and use the rest of the frosting for the outer cake layer.