So soft and stretchy with wonderful charred bubbles. You can choose to drench it in…
A delicious and nutritious family favorite!
This simple one pot dish brings comfort and joy.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 800 g chicken thighs & drumsticks
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 leeks, cut into 2cm round pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100 g broccoli florets
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 5 Tbs finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based casserole with a tightly fitting lid. Place the chicken in the hot oil skin side down for about 3 minutes, until the skin is golden brown. Then turn the chicken skin side facing upwards, brown for another 3 minutes.
- Turn down the heat, add the onion, lemon zest, mustard and garlic and give it a quick stir into the oil.
- Place the carrots, leeks, celery and broccoli around the chicken, followed by the salt and chili flakes.
- Gradually pour in the stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and remove casserole from the heat. Immediately add in the rice. Stir well and make sure the rice is covered. Place the lid on.
- Put casserole into the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the rice has soaked up the stock.
- Stir in the fresh parsley and serve warm.