So soft and stretchy with wonderful charred bubbles. You can choose to drench it in…
Ending this week with a delicious and nutritious Mediterranean Salmon Bake. I thought it was too good not to share with you.
This dish is packed with healthy fats, vegetables and flavor.
- 6 salmon fillets (medium-sized)
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 12 rosa tomatoes, halved
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 100 g small asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped oregano or 2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can coconut cream
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 125 ml fresh lemon juice
- 80 g feta, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- In a large baking dish, arrange the salmon fillets (skin side up) evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, chili flakes, garlic and oregano.
- Place the red onions, tomatoes, olives, and asparagus around and in between the salmon fillets. Pour over the coconut cream, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the feta over the salmon fillets. Put the dish back into the oven and roast for another 5-10 minutes on 220°C until the skin is crispy.
- Season with extra sea salt and black pepper if needed. Enjoy with quinoa, brown rice, or polenta and salad.