So soft and stretchy with wonderful charred bubbles. You can choose to drench it in…
Quick, easy, and delicious mid-week dinner made with a South African favorite, Chutney.
- 1 kg lean beef mince
- 500 ml water
- 2 slices white bread, broken into crumbs
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 10 ml salt
- 5 ml black pepper
- 4 tbsp chutney
- 3 tbsp Maizena (corn flour)
- 125 ml cup milk
- 1 egg
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 125 ml milk
- 250 ml cake wheat flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 2 ml salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a large oven-proof baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, mix together the mince, water, bread crumbs, vinegar, salt, black pepper, and chutney. Heat until a light simmer. Mix together the corn flour and milk until smooth. Add to the mince mixture and stir until well combined and thickens up. Cook for 5-10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Transfer the mince mixture to the baking dish.
- For the top filling, whisk together the egg, oil, milk, flour, baking powder, and 2ml salt until well combined. Spread the filling evenly out over the warm mince mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the crust on top has turned golden brown. Enjoy warm with a fresh salad or roasted vegetables.