So soft and stretchy with wonderful charred bubbles. You can choose to drench it in…
We love Nachos. Whenever we don’t know what to have for dinner or lunch, we make Nachos.
Here’s Heinrich’s take on one of our favorite Mexican dishes. Enjoy!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely crushed
- 80 g rosa tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g chicken or beef mince
- 1 small chili, finely chopped or use 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 cup chicken stock (low sodium)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 160 ml cream
- 1 Tbsp Maizena (corn flour) or wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80 g organic natural nacho corn chips
- 30 g grated cheddar or mozzarella, we use both
- Toppings: fresh guacamole, jalapeno, corn, salsa, or sour cream
- In a medium size pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the parsley, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, chicken cubes and chili. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In the meantime, mix together the chicken stock and paprika and add to the chicken mixture. Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Whisk together the cream, corn flour and 1/2 tsp salt. Add to the chicken mixture and stir until it thickens up. Cook for 5 minutes. Taste and season with extra sea salt and black pepper if needed.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to an oven proof dish and place the nacho chips on top. Top with the grated cheese and toast in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted or serve as is.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.