So soft and stretchy with wonderful charred bubbles. You can choose to drench it in…
Another delicious and nutritious budget meal in the Netherlands.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 350 g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 200 g pasta shells or macaroni (gluten-free corn or lentil pasta or whole wheat)
- 70 g spinach leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 milk
- 1.5 Tbsp corn or wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp crushed black pepper
- In a medium pot heat 1l water, 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Add pasta as soon as water starts to boil. Stir occasionally and cook until al dente.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil. Add chopped onions and garlic. Fry until translucent.
- Add chicken, chicken stock and spinach leaves.
- In a cup mix the cream, milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Add cream mixture to the pan and stir until mixture thickens up.
- Add pasta to the pan and stir through the sauce. If the sauce is too thick add some leftover pasta water.
- Taste and season with extra salt and freshly ground black pepper.