Funfetti Cookies stuffed with blue almond nut butter. You can also replace the almond nut…
Easy moist chocolate cake with a delicious cream cheese frosting. Happy baking and enjoy!
This is our go-to chocolate cake recipe in the Netherlands.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, soft
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup hot water or brewed coffee
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 400 g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 125 g butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare two medium sized cake pans by spraying with non-stick baking spray.
- Sift the flour, cacao, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, butter and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time together with the buttermilk and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Carefully add the hot water to the cake batter on slow speed. Whisk until well combined.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Chocolate cream cheese frosting: In a large bowl of a stand mixer (you can also use a hand-held mixer) with a whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese for about 1 minutes until smooth. Beat in the butter until combined. Sift in the confectioners sugar and cacao powder. Lastly, add the vanilla extract and milk and beat on medium-high speed until well combined and creamy. Add another tablespoon milk if too thick.
- Frost the cake with this delicious chocolate cream cheese frosting.