Funfetti Cookies stuffed with blue almond nut butter. You can also replace the almond nut…
This Rhubarb Streusel Bake is a soft, moist and flavorful cake filled with rhubarb pieces and topped with an almond streusel topping.
This is our first Rhubarb bake in the Netherlands and couldn’t be more happy with the outcome and taste.
Delicious weekend treat and perfect to serve on it’s own or as dessert with homemade custard or ice cream.
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 100 g butter, soft
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 – 3 cups fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 5 Tbsp flour, sifted
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted but not too hot to touch
- 50 g sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Spray a medium size baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, butter, vegetable oil, eggs, buttermilk, salt, baking soda and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and mix.
- Fold in the sliced rhubarb or layer the rhubarb slices in the baking dish and pour the prepared batter on top.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, corn flour, salt and sugar. Drizzle butter over the mixture and use a fork to toss the ingredients until combined and crumbly. Don’t over-mix or the streusel will become like a paste.
- Scatter the streusel together with the sliced almonds evenly over the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 – 50 minutes until golden brown crunchy topping.
- Rest for 20 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy by itself or with custard, ice cream or whipped cream.