Funfetti Cookies stuffed with blue almond nut butter. You can also replace the almond nut…
This easy no-bake cheesecake is packed with protein, healthy fats and flavor.
Unlike regular cheesecake, this delicious and nutritious no-bake cheesecake isn’t too sweet or overly heavy. It’s sweetened with natural raw honey and topped with a healthy matcha layer and pistachio nuts.
For the crust I have used regular digestive biscuits and a mix of ground almonds, chia seeds, flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds. You can also use sugar-free digestive biscuits if you wish to or replace the biscuits with the same amount of oat flour.
The filling consists mainly of cream cheese (I’ve used light cream cheese), cottage cheese that is high in protein and raw honey. In The Netherlands I find it sometimes hard to find smooth cottage cheese, so I blend the chunky cottage cheese until smooth. Or you can replace the cottage cheese with Greek yoghurt or quark which is also high in protein. The Matcha layer is optional. If you do not have Matcha powder, you can always leave the Matcha layer out and spread all the filling over the crust and top with only pistachio nuts and fresh fruit.
Enjoy and happy baking!
- 180 g digestive biscuit crumbs
- 50 g grounded nuts and seeds (almonds, flax, chia and pumpkin seeds)
- 140 g coconut oil, melted
- 600 g cream cheese
- 300 g smooth cottage cheese (or natural quark)
- 50 g granulated sugar or Xylitol
- 150 g raw natural honey (or 100% natural Maple syrup)
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Matcha powder
- 80 g pistachio nuts, dry roasted and crushed
- Fresh berries
- CRUST: Stir together the digestive biscuit crumbs, grounded nut and seed mix and coconut oil. Add the crust mixture to a springform pan (I use a 22cm springform pan and have layered it with baking paper) and pack the crust tightly to cover the bottom and half up the sides. The tighter you pack your crust, the less likely it will fall apart when cutting the cheesecake. I recommend using the back of a spoon to pack and press the crust. Freeze the crust while you are making the filling.
- FILLING: With a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together the cream cheese and cottage cheese (or quark). Add sugar, honey and lemon juice. Whisk for about 2 minutes on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Make sure there are no lumps of cream cheese at the bottom of your mixing bowl.
- Keep 3/4 cup of the filling aside. Remove the crust from freezer and spread the remaining filling into the crust. Use a spatula to smooth down the top.
- Add the Matcha powder to the 3/4 cup of filling and whisk until you have a smooth green filling. Top white filling with the green matcha filling and smooth down the top layer.
- Sprinkle pistachio nuts on top and decorate with fresh berries. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or best overnight. Use a knife to loosen the chilled cheesecake from the rim of the pan. Use a clean sharp knife to cut pieces.
- Before serving your cheesecake, you can drizzle a little bit of honey over if you’d like to.
- Cover and store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.