Funfetti Cookies stuffed with blue almond nut butter. You can also replace the almond nut…
Say Hello to fluffy, perfect and very easy cinnamon rolls (without any butter) that are packed with a cinnamon sugar filling, glazed with a yoghurt frosting and topped with roasted walnuts.
1 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1 cup full fat Greek, plain or coconut yoghurt
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar (brown or white or mix, can use Xylitol)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp plain yoghurt (or quark)
4 tbsp cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp powdered sugar (can use sugar-free)
Topping: 100 g dry roasted pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a small – medium size shallow baking tray with baking paper or spray with non-stick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of the sugar (optional). Mix until well combined. Form the dough into a ball.
– Lightly flour a kitchen surface. Transfer dough to the floured surface. Use a rolling pin or empty wine bottle and roll out into a thin (about 1/2 – 1 cm) rectangular shape.
3. Brush melted coconut oil over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon, distribute evenly. Slowly roll the dough up from the one end.
4. Slice into 12 pieces. Place each piece of cinnamon roll dough into the lined tray. Make sure each piece is sticking together. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.
5. In the meantime prepare you frosting.
6. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together (I used a hand blender) the yoghurt, cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth.
7. Once the cinnamon rolls are ready, remove from the oven. Drizzle the yoghurt frosting over and top with walnuts. Enjoy warm.