Makes 12 Slices Ingredients 700 g chopped Medjool dates 3 tbsp water 100 g mixed…
A delicious, high fiber morning snack to dunk in your cup of coffee or tea.
- 500 g butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 kg whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp baking powder
- 3 cups granola (I use nut and seed granola)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and spray a large oven pan (around 30 x 25 cm) with non-stick spray or line with bakingpaper.
- Melt the butter and let it cool down then whisk the sugar, buttermilk and eggs into the melted butter.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together. Add the granola to the flour.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix through.
- Pour into the prepared oven pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Cool slightly before turning out and let it cool down completely.
- Cut into slices and then into small finger size rusks (about 3 x 7 cm).
- Place the rusks on a drying rack and dry out in the oven at 75 °C until the rusks are dry and crunchy.
- Once cooled down, store them in an air tight container.