Makes 12 Slices Ingredients 700 g chopped Medjool dates 3 tbsp water 100 g mixed…
Funfetti Cookies stuffed with blue almond nut butter.
You can also replace the almond nut butter with white chocolate chips.
- 160 g butter, softened at room temperature
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk
- 300 g flour, sifted
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow (or pink or blue) sprinkles
- 80 g almond nut butter (I used a blue almond butter for fun) or chocolate nut butter
- white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spray a baking tray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and beat until just combined. Add the rainbow sprinkles and fold the dough to evenly distribute the sprinkles. Cover the dough with cling wrap and allow dough to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out 12 to 16 dough balls (depending on size). Take each ball and flatten it between your palms. Fill each ball with about a teaspoon of almond nut butter. Roll the dough between your hands again to create a round ball. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 18 minutes until the edges are set but the centers are still gooey. Allow cookies to cool before eating. Store in an airtight container.